Thursday, February 26, 2009

Featuring Mummumscrafts

Lucy of http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6549470 (mummumscrafts) has amazing mineral makeups, goats milk lotion, handmade soaps, and lipbalm. Soon she'll be adding handmade deodorant too! She's fairly new to Etsy (joined Dec 2008) and has done very well having 50 sales already and 100% positive feedback. As if she's not busy enough with this shop, she has another great shop where she sells beaded jewelry: http://mummumsbeadedjewelry.etsy.com/ What wonderful talent this lady has!

"I love making things, all sorts of things! Quilts, crochet things, soaps, jewelry, clothes, paintings, drawings, you name it I have probably tried making it at least once. I am a happily married mother of two. I home-school my kids and working from home allows me to do so. I have two websites; www.mummumscrafts.com and www.mummumsbeadedjewelry.com"



Why does she make the things she does? Check out this part of her profile to see why.
"So, why did I start making all these soaps and makeup? I was looking for something to help me and my family with our super sensitive skin! I started with soaps first. My son and my husband both have very dry sensitive skin, so I did some research and learned the awesome qualities of cold process soaps! I started making them for my family, along with lotions and other bath products. I could not keep this good stuff to myself, people started noticing how great our skin looked. Pretty soon I was selling locally, then started selling online too! The soaps and lotions were great, but I still couldn't wear makeup! I am allergic to EVERYTHING, and all store bought makeup would make my eyes water and breakout my skin. I didn't wear makeup for years! So I did more research! I found out about the awesomeness of mineral makeup, but also found out that many of these companies add harmful ingredients and they charge a small fortune for their products. With more research and loads of experiments, I developed my own mineral makeup line. I love it! I can wear makeup again and it is truly the best I have ever tried. My skin has improved from using it too!! I just have to share this great stuff with you!"




She is a proud member of the CAST team (Christian Artists Street Team) and the SHE team (Schooling at Home Etsians)!

Check out her shops and see for yourself the wonderful items she makes and the great person that she is. I've so enjoyed chatting with her on CAST! She's so sweet and fun to get to know.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6549470










6 comments:

TC Cunningham said...

Lucy is such a sweetheart. I have some of her lotion and lip balm. Love them. The lip balm has been especially great on my son's chapped lips that we struggle with every year.

Sue Runyon said...

Great feature on Lucy!

Lucy79 said...

Thank you so much for featuring me!! You are such a sweetheart!!

~Lucy
xxxoooo

The Crazy Cat Lady said...

Great job, Matts! Good to know more about you Lucy!

Charsbeads4u said...

What an awesome job you did featuring mummumscrafts!
That was a great story about how these companies put things in our makeup and such that cause us serious side effects!
It kind of relates to a subject I just blogged about on my site...about toxins in our food!
www.charsbeads4u.blogspot.com
I don't in anyway want to steal your attention, mummumscrafts, but I do want to get the word out any way I can about the subject. Thanks so much for blessing so many people, CraftyWife, what a blessing you are in my life! =)
*hugs*
Char

Audrey said...

You can never have to much lotion or soap!! Wonderful shop.